What is Prayer?

Hi there! 
Hi me! 
It's been a while since I last posted my entry. I have been very "busy" these past months. Oh that sad word B-U-S-Y :(
Because of being busy, I got disconnected with people I dearly love. I haven't heard news about them. And that's bitterly sad for me since I cannot take back the time I lost with them.
And same thing with my prayer life. I always remind myself to stay connected with God whom I recognize as my loving Heavenly Father. Reminding myself to make prayer a natural act from my inner desire of communing with Jesus Christ. However, there were times when I do not pray - that I just shut the door of my heart and go with the flow of my everyday "routine" in life. And so things fall apart, and I do get disappointed on things and on people. Then I would ask "God, why do allow these to happen?" And God would point out to me, "My child, why do you allow these things to happen?"

And so I need to get back on my prayer life and reflect or re-evaluate how do I really allow myself grow in faith and wisdom with my Savior Jesus Christ. 
I am not perfect. I still have pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenty of flaws. Only the grace of God and by His blood I am able to kneel down at His feet and offer every baggage I still choose to carry. 

These past weeks, I have been reading a book by Keith Williams "Prayer". I have been pondering and asking myself as well "How am I doing in my prayer life?" But first, let me share with you what's in the first chapter of the book.

1. Prayer is a Gift from God.
The Bible teaches that God created man to have fellowship with Him. He created us in love and His desire has always been that we respond to Him in love. Prayer is mysterious. No one claims how it works but somehow, because of God’s grace when we humble ourselves and come before Him we do make contact.
Call to me and I will answer you; I will tell you wonderful and marvelous things that you know nothing about.” – Jeremiah 33:3
When we are willing to pray, God promises to meet us there.

2. Prayer is a Communion with God
Prayer is first of all this flow of conversation between two persons. It is not primarily an outward act; it is an inward expression of the devotion, deepest needs and longings of the heart. Prayer at its best is a dialogue between two persons who love each other. It is a two-way street. We must learn to listen for the voice of God as well as learn to speak to Him.
“As a deer longs for a stream of cool water, so I long for you, O God. I thirst for you, the living God.” – Psalm 42:1-2

3. Prayer is Asking from God
When we ask from God we are recognizing our dependence upon Him for all our needs. In this way we remind ourselves of our proper relationship: creatures looking to the Creator, children looking to a loving Father. We have the promise that when we ask, He hears us. (I John 5:14)
“My grace is all you need, for my power is strongest when you are weak.” – 2 Corinthians 12:9

4. Prayer is a Commitment to God
Prayer is not complete until we are able to place our lives in the hands of God. This keeps prayer from becoming self-centered. God’s way is the best way. Your greatest struggle in prayer will not be in winning your request, but in losing yourself.


This remind my to always commune myself with the God of PEACE in this busy and noisy world.
It is also my prayer that we commit ourselves to Christ, and commune with Him, talk to Him daily not just during the times when we think He is our last resort. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Cute video clip

Got my WishList

Degree Holder