Beyond the Schedule

I may not know everything on how Korean students manage their time in a day. They may also have different time management.

With my student’s case, we were discussing about TIME, how to tell time, etc.

In our lesson plan, we have to discuss one unit within 2 weeks! And my student and I meet twice a week so there’s a lot of stretching in the lesson, a lot more activities, etc.

Good thing, this student of mine was already “nice” and “kind” compared to our previous meetings. He isa 13 year old middle school boy but his comprehension in English needs more improvement.

Anyhow, here is the schedule of Ronaldo (Kyoung Rul Kim).

Presentation1_1

(temporary file=too sad I can't upload the picture as of the moment)

As I looked at this picture again, I tried to remember how I managed my time years ago when I was still a student. This reminds me of differences that we have in terms of studying.
As I asked Ronaldo "Do you get tired?" and he answered "Yes."  If I were in his shoes, I would also feel the same. Good thing, their country has good education program/system. I believe that my country also has good education programs, however, such programs can't be thoroughly implemented because of CORRUPTION. TT_TT

I was at the afternoon shift until my first year in high school = half day.
On my sophomore year until my senior year, we’re whole day in school. It was a bit hard a first to wake up in the morning as early as 4:30. We must be at school before 6:00 in the morning. And the rest of my schedule, I can’t remember anymore.

So what’s the point?
I don’t know how Filipino students manage their time or schedule nowadays. It’s sad to say but there are still kids who would really love to study, but because they (their parents) can’t afford it, their dream of stepping in a school is neglected, perhaps to some, it has been vanished. Instead, some kids are forced to work :(
Now I realized how blessed I am to have a mother who raised us well and was able to finance us in our studies. I am blessed how God blessed our family.

I just hope and pray that the problems that we have in our education system will be stabilized and improved. And by the grace of God, Filipino kids can fulfill their dreams in the form of EDUCATION.

Blessed are those who can afford to study. But still, blessed are those who cannot.

They might say “Why God is so unfair? He made us like this, living in poverty! etc.”

I learned that God is not fair. He is actually FAIR. But fairness doesn’t equate EQUALITY.

Why not equal?
Maybe, the Lord is teaching us something. Are you familiar with the “rags to riches” story?
The Lord  wants us to have an attitude of perseverance. Not just in the physical aspects of life but also in our spiritual life.
Since I learned what's written in Ecclesiates, I hold on to it tightly, that "THERE IS TIME FOR EVERYTHING!" Indeed, there is. But, if I don't make any actions, then it's useless.
Well done is better than well said.

The Lord wants us to see His glory, His blessings, His mercy and His grace. HIS LOVE.
It isn’t all about us. It’s all about GOD.

The problem is, we tend to take God as a vendo-machine. We get what we want easily. But God is not like that, He is more than a vendo machine! He is actually giving us blessing every second, every minute, every hour, and all the days of our lives!! But we tend to neglect it because we are very busy making our lives successful with all our effort!

May we be all reminded that Life isn't just about the education, achievement, recognition and success. However, God called us to excel in everything we do that will glorify His name!

GOD MADE EVERYTHING! HE IS ABLE. ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IN HIM!
 

Comments

  1. When I ask students to tell me their schedule, I also feel overwhelmed for them. Grabe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. correct! They take education in their country seriously.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Got my WishList

Fast Delivery!

What are the books of the Bible?