MINISTRY = SERVICE

No Ministry Apart from Service

Image here
1 Peter 4:10
At each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

“Ministry” and “service” are from the same Greek word and mean essentially the same thing. There is no ministry apart from service. No one can have an impact in ministry who is not also willing to serve, to be a servant.

There is always a price tag attached to service. It might be health; it might be convenience; it might be aggravation; it might be humility. Whatever the cost, it is what adorns the neck of those who minister.

Ministry in the church is like being a parent. The most successful parents are those who learn to sacrifice for their children. And while we parents think our children never are going to realize what we have sacrificed in service to them, they eventually do. And what we have sacrificed for them comes back to us as the fruit of a close and intimate relationship with them. And it’s the same way in ministry in the church. The more we give ourselves in ministry to others, the more we will get back in return. I heard the speaker John Maxwell says once, “If you are going to go up, you have to give up.” There is no way to advance in ministry without giving ourselves.
(SANCTUARY-David Jeremiah)


*Personal Note:

Three years ago, I don’t have Jesus Christ in my heart yet. I’ve known Him by name, mentioned Him in prayers (personal or memorized prayer) but I don’t really care who Jesus Christ was.

But everything has changed when I accepted Christ as my PERSONAL Lord and Savior. I accepted Him and surrendered my life to Him. Little did I know, the Lord will change my life, will mold my character and will teach me ways I do not know years ago.

When I was still a student, I really wanted to be part of our school choir. I always believed in myself that I have a good voice, but I was never been part of the choir at all! Then, I didn’t know that I also have a talent for dancing. That’s one area I really excelled in until my college days. From then on, I somewhat erased “singing” into my dreams and focused on improving in dancing instead.

It was 2008 since I “almost lost” a “career” in dancing. It was my comfort zone and it just suddenly disappeared. On the other hand, I was also a working student that year. I believed that I’m really blessed! That was also the time that I was blooming, learning, and being nurtured in my spiritual life. Meeting new people and building friendship with them.

But one thing was still in progress, I was attending the church regularly but I haven’t joined any ministry yet.

Then I asked the Lord, “Why am I not dancing anymore?”

Midyear of 2008 when I left the company I was working with; and focused on my studies instead. It was also the time that I won’t graduate on time.

Again, I asked the Lord, “Why did you take away my work?”
“Why didn’t you make a miracle for me to graduate on time?”

You know what, I think I also have the answers for that. The Lord allowed that to happen because He wants me to join Him in His works in my life. He took away my job but He allowed me to be involved in a ministry!

There’s no SELF-PITY in me during that year. Instead, I took that year as an opportunity to serve the Lord. He also gave me a part-time job since I still have a year in school. GALING NI LORD noh?

I am actively involved in the Worship Ministry in our church. I was also a volunteer at the student center. No wonder that the Lord brought me back to my first love, which is singing. This time, I’m singing with all my heart for the Lord.

Indeed, no ministry is apart from service. Being part of the ministry involves a lot of things you have to give up. May I share two of them.

1. No more jazzing around on Saturdays. (TIME)
– I devoted my time on Saturday for our practice, not unless there’s a family affair or important events I need to attend to.

2. Music Preference.
– I need to exert effort in listening to Christian music of different genre.
– Being careful in listening to some “non Christian” music (being particular with the message or lyrics of the song)

The Lord wants us to be involved in a ministry. He wants us to be a blessing to others as well. He wants our time but most importantly, He wants our heart, our LIFE! 
May we be reminded that everything we do isn’t just about us. Let us always give God credits for His creative and redemptive activities in our lives.

You cannot question a changed-life. It is only through Christ we can experience a NEW PERSON IN YOU. A person that God wants you to be.


God bless you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Got my WishList

Fast Delivery!

What are the books of the Bible?