my PRAISE HABIT

I thank God for..........

What are the things you should thank God for?
Be it material things or not?
Do you have an attitude of being grateful everyday? Even if at times you encounter difficult situations?
I am currently reading a book entitled "The Good and Beautiful God" by James Bryan Smith.
I am recommending this book!

 
Last night, I decided to commit to this spiritual exercise called "Praise Habit".

(excerpts from the book The Good and Beautiful God, p70)
Counting your blessings is a powerful spiritual exercise.  Make a list of all the things God has blessed you with, all the things that make life wonderful.  Pay attention of your life.  Look the hidden things.  Take notice of all of those wonderful things you easily overlook.  Start small: try to come up with a list of ten things God has blessed you with.  It can include things like your loved ones, material provision or opportunities you have been given.  It can also include things in the created world:  the sun, the stars, the mountains and so forth.  Or you might want to include things you love, like coffee or ice cream! Finally, also include things that God has done for you.  Each day, God is at work providing for us, even though we cannot always see it.  This is exercise is aimed at helping you see “the wide-spread mercy” that is so much greater than the “black blot.” (I will post this story next time)

Keep adding to your list each day.  Strive to make a list of fifty things.  Then keep going!  See if you can come up with one hundred blessings, things you are thankful for, this week.  You will like end up with, as George Buttrick called it, a “vast treasure.”  Most of us are accustomed to waking up and thinking about our problems.  This exercise will help us shift our focus away from the few things that are wrong to the many things that are beautiful and wonderful.

Monday isn't over yet. I was surprise for the things I am thankful for with Lord today.
Here are my Praise Habit list:
-for waking me up
-for the time
-food to cook
-coffee
students
-safe travel
-NO TRAFFIC means coming in the office early
-communication with my mom and sister means opportunity to thank them and apologize for last night
-colored pen and paper where i wrote this whole thing
-for my officemates
-for the food to fill up my empty stomach
-for the schools and academies from Korea who will study study with me
-for dreaming to take Education units
-for my understanding and patient boyfriend
-for the cool atmosphere in the office (its not summer anymore! still in winter season)


and a lot more... (I haven't discovered them yet)

How about you?
What are the things you should thanks God for?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Got my WishList

Fast Delivery!

What are the books of the Bible?