Marriage: Just Like a Pair of Shoes

November 27, 2016

google map
On my way to meet my husband at Lucky Chinatown mall so we’ll be together going to our Young Couples’ Seminar at GCM located at Stateland building. Given the map on the side was my trail walking towards the place. I was complaining as I felt so exhausted and my feet were tired. It was the best way to reach my destination rather than to take a tricycle.
Upon meeting my husband, I rested under the air-conditioner located at the exit door of the mall. And so we’re about to go to Stateland. And my husband was ready to walk. I was complaining and nagging about my exhaustion – that I haven’t regained my strength yet. But I yielded and walked.

To cut my story short, as we got back home. I saw my husband’s pair of shoes. It was almost broken. The inner part of his shoes was torn and I can’t imagine how my husband managed to walk using his 3 year old shoes. I felt ashamed. Not because my husband’s shoes was almost near of saying good bye, but because of my attitude towards him earlier. I felt naked and ashamed before the Lord how I treated my husband with such behavior. And so I hurriedly laid down my emotion towards my husband, embraced him and told him “Hppy, sorry. Nakakahiya yung ginawa ko kanina. Nagrereklamo ako sa pagod ko sa paglalakad kanina. Pero yung shoes mo, malapit na masira. It shows kung gaano mo siya gamit na gamit. Nakakahiya ako sa reklamo ko.” I cried and hugged him while he was sleeping soundly.

The next day, he was curious whether he just had a dream or was it real that I cried. Then I told the same thing again.

I realized how powerless I am without the Holy Spirit. I praise the Lord that I was able to recognize my weaknesses toward what I claim was my strength. I love the Lord and I pray that I would really  honor Him by honoring my husband and our marriage.

Our marriage is just like a pair of shoes. It looks new and shiny for a day because it was shone for a purpose. Then, days would pass without noticing the dusts on it yet would still wear it the next day. We assumed to be okay but we know we were not. There were underlying issues or misunderstanding that needs to be resolved, yet we still choose to "wear" it. Until the pair of shoes would make us feel uncomfortable urging us to let it go and have a new one. We, as a couple must let go of our issues and misunderstanding before the Lord who is the Author of our story. We must both agree that we're not a perfect couple without blemish. Having a new pair of shoes would mean having a new and refreshing perspective from the Holy Spirit on how the Lord designed our marriage. 

And just like a pair of shoes, if one is missing or absent, then it wouldn't be called a PAIR. A husband and a wife is a pair, a team, and partners. But the Lord Almighty is the main character of the picture called MARRIAGE for He orchestrated everything perfectly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Cute video clip

Degree Holder

Got my WishList