2009

(This was the testimony I shared with bundles of college students in our churh's ministry : Youth Life Student Center)


I want to thank the Lord for the life that He has given me everyday, for every opportunity that I can share with other people how God worked, is working and will work in my life


LIFE FROM HIGH SCHOOL..
Way back in High school, I was a hard working student in my studies. Pressures are there because I belong in a pilot section so, I have to do things at my best. I was not belong to those who the “grade-conscious” group or so the “brainiacs” in the class. I belong to the middle, the “commoner” group. What I excelled in when I was in High school was the extra curricular activities, dancing and singing. I love singing than dancing. I remember when there was an audition for the choir group, I was the first one in the class to enlist but apparently, when the result for those who qualified was announced, my name wasn’t mentioned. It was a depressing feeling for me, so I immediately put on my mask showing that it was ok but deep inside, I was terribly disappointed. So I tried dancing, and I find it exciting and challenging. I enjoyed dancing and hearing applauses from my schoolmates every time we have a performance. So I told myself that, “ah, this is what I enjoy doing”. I got a lot of friends, I became famous in class and in the whole campus. I find those things pleasing and an enjoyable thing to do.


GOD USES PEOPLE:
 In academics, I had a seatmate who was a born-again Christian. So she gets intimidated with me because I belong to the “famous” group in the class, but what she didn’t know was that, I was the one whose intimidated with her because she excels good in the class. Sometimes, she happens to be my tutor especially in Algebra, Trigonometry and Accounting. She became my best friend not because she helped me, but because I see a different glow and different personality in her. I find her a very interesting person. When she invited me to attend in their church, that was a Youth Night, I eagerly said yes! I want to know what and who she is outside school, not as a classmate but a very dear friend to me.


I EXPERIENCED GOD BUT DIDN’T WORK FOR IT..
The first time I attended in their church, singing songs, praising and worshipping God, I felt something that I’ve never felt before. I felt God was there and He’s knocking in my heart but I didn’t let Him in yet. I am not yet ready for let Him in at that time for I was so bombarded by the activities and opportunities that the world offers to me, I forgot that feeling too - the feeling when God was indeed touching my heart.


LIFE FROM COLLEGE:
When I entered college, the first thing I wanted to do was to apply for scholarship, not academically but through organization like in dancing. So I joined the UE Dance troupe. In my college life, the pressure is still around. In my 4 years in college, I was not normal like my other schoolmates. I always have to look good as if there’s a huge tag in me that stating “hey, I am a member of one of the prestigious dance group in the country!” I don’t have much social life then because I have to follow some schedule such that I should enroll my subject that are scheduled in the morning, because in the afternoon, I need to attend the rehearsals every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. That was my life a student in the morning, a dancer in the afternoon and a student again in the evening. That was really tough. Physically, I was tired.


ENJOYMENT TO BURNT OUT:
But I have to be tough because I am doing that not just for the applause every performance, the acknowledgement from my classmates, schoolmates, for the excused absences but for my mother whose working very hard just for me to be able to finish my studies. When I felt burnt out, I was really planning to stop in dancing because I want to enjoy the college life. The ordinary life of a college student. To hang out with my friends, go somewhere else after class so on and so forth. But then I realized that while I am enjoying my freedom, I’m starting to shift my focus in my attention in my studies. I have these incomplete remarks, dropped subjects, not because I got low grade but because I almost felt tired dealing with my professors…it shows my short patience in them. I felt this laziness, lack of determination, confidence. It seems like everything started to cooled down until I finally realized that I am having that emptiness in me.


BEING SAVED:
But God is so gracious and a loving God that He uses people to let them show God’s love through my salvation. It was January 18 of last year when I finally accepted Christ in my heart by faith. I was given a hope. I was given a much bigger picture on how to value life, on how I should live my life the way He wanted it to be. I felt refreshed, fueled again and filled by His love that I have never felt before. He unfolds the journey of my life that needs my trust in Him alone. He gave me the confidence that I need in everything that I needed to do. Though I have extended a year in my course, instead of staying at home and do nothing, He provided me tasks to do using the resources that He has given me, like in singing. I praise God that even though I didn’t qualified during my audition in choir in high school, there I am, singing praises for Him, serving the Lord through singing and be a part of the Praise and Worship team in the church that I’m in. The Lord is good because this year, by April, I’ll be graduating. I praise God because He always guides me. That He’s providing me the provisions. The extended 1 year that I had was not wasted. He gave me a part time job, ministry to be involved with, friends and family here in YLSC and in UBC and of course people who would always aid me through prayers. I owe these things to God. I claimed that the Lord had provided me these challenges so as for Him to develop my character. I just want to encourage every one of you that, God is our Greatest Rabbi, Greatest Teacher. He develops our character. Studies is one of our priorities but lets not set aside our responsibility in worshipping our Lord no matter what happen to us because He wants us to always be prepared in every assignment He has in store for us. To God be the glory!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Got my WishList

Fast Delivery!

What are the books of the Bible?