BLACK SWAN: The Guileful and Sensual Swan

I started to appreciate ballet 7 years ago, when I joined the university's dance troupe.
I wasn't good at ballet though. I know the basic but if I were to ask to dance now - I need a lot of stretching!!

I am excited to see Black Swan on big screen. I want to see the story and why is it called Black Swan.

Have you heard about Swan Lake?
click here: http://www.balletmet.org/Notes/SwanHist.html#anchor539913

 I have seen the Swan Lake performance many times at CCP (Cultural Center of the Philippines), in UE Theater and also in the movie Center stage. I have seen their straight legs, pointed toes, light body weight as they were dancing. I missed to see perfect arabesque, attitude and their grand jete (oh, I miss dancing)


This is a thriller that zeros in on the relationship between a veteran ballet dancer and rival. Nina (Portman) is a ballerina in a New York City Ballet company whose life, while similar words dreams of becoming the new star for Thomas Leroy (Vincent Cassel) reimagining of Swan Lake by Tchaikovsky., Like all people in her profession, completely consumed with dance. She lives with her obsessive former ballerina mother Erica (Hershey) who exercises control over a suffocating her. As artistic is director Thomas Leroy (Cassel) decides for the prima ballerina Beth MacIntyre (Ryder) and substitute it for the opening production of their new season, Swan Lake, Nina is his first choice.

But Nina has competition: a new dancer, Lily (Kunis), who also impressed Leroy. Swan Lake is a dancer who both plays the White Swan with innocence and grace, and the Black Swan, who represents deception and sensuality. Nina White Swan fits the role perfectly, but Lily is the personification of the Black Swan. When the two young dancers extend their rivalry in a forced friendship, Nina begins to more in touch with her dark side to get – a recklessness that threatens to destroy her. It was beginning the battle but it makes it so bloody.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Got my WishList

Fast Delivery!

What are the books of the Bible?