Temptation 101

In Genesis 39:7-9,11-12 was one of a good example on how to escape in times of  temptation.

Joseph has recovered from the terrible thing his brothers had done to him.  After they sold him into slavery, a kind master bought him and quickly promoted him.  Joseph was thriving in his new environment when, suddenly, he found himself in a dangerous and awkward situation.  His master's wife took notice of him and invited him to her bed.  She had the power to make Joseph's life unbearable if he refused her, but if he gave in, he's be deceiving his master and dishonoring God.  It was a no-win situation.

Temptation comes in many forms.  I, myself was tempted before, even way back when I have no Christ yet in my life.  Giving into temptations was very easy to me before knowing and believing that I am in control of my life.   I know my do's and dont's of my life.

But even now that I have Christ in my life, I am not exempted in temptations.  It is the more that we are being tempted from time to time because satan wants us to be in shame that we are claiming that we let Christ control our lives yet, we are still so weak to resist temptations.  It was a lie that we should not believe in-because even if we are tempted at unexpected situations, we are armored by God's words.  We have a God who would help us resist and say NO to temptation.

As a Christian, you should always base your choices on God's desires.  Be careful that you don't let others set the agenda for your life.  Don't live your life bases on someone else's values.

Personal Note:
I thank the Lord because He is a Forgiving God.
Even if there are many times that I was tempted and sometimes give into that temptations, the Lord is just to forgive my sins only if I confess it to Him and ask for His forgiveness.
I thank the Lord because even if there were times that I failed in resisting temptations, He would still use different circumstances and situations to reveal to me that He is powerful and nothing can snatch me away from Him.
I just can't contain the feeling of being God's child.
A father that will always be with me to guide me no matter what.
Even if my eyes can't see, my heart can feel that GOD IS ABLE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Got my WishList

Fast Delivery!

What are the books of the Bible?