Eat_Pray_Love

Plot Summary for
Liz Gilbert (Roberts) had everything a modern woman is supposed to dream of having - a husband, a house, a successful career - yet like so many others, she found herself lost, confused, and searching for what she really wanted in life. Newly divorced and at a crossroads, Gilbert steps out of her comfort zone, risking everything to change her life, embarking on a journey around the world that becomes a quest for self-discovery. In her travels, she discovers the true pleasure of nourishment by eating in Italy; the power of prayer in India, and, finally and unexpectedly, the inner peace and balance of true love in Bali. Written by Sony Pictures

** I watched this movie.  My rating: 9/10
It was a cool movie! Not because I like Julia Roberts, but I like the whole story.  For me, there was not dull moment.  I was hooked by her character and the people she gets involved with.  And every place, every person she encounters, there's always a lesson learned from it.

Liz Gilberts says :
"The sweetness of doing nothing." - I think she's pertaining with the food she had cooked for herself while she was in living in a not-so-fabulous house in Rome.

A man from Texas who was in India says : ( oh, I forgot his character name there )
"Ruin is a gift.  Ruin is the road to transformation." - I kinda like this statement. As a believer in Christ, I was into my "ruin" state of life two years ago before I was transformed into a new creation, who, is now following Christ as my Lord and Savior.  I think, (just in my opinion) that we, or other people cannot see our transformation if we won't experience devastating situations in our life.

Again, from one of my favorite scene
Man from Texas to Liz Gilberts says:
"You have to learn to select your thoughts the same way you select your clothes everyday, 'cus if you don't, you are in big trouble."

Gilberts' answer:
"I'm trying!!!"

Texas man's response:
"Stop trying! Just surrender!!"

I really like that conversation.  With all of Gilbert's anger and hatred and confusion, there a stranger man was, trying to spoon feed her about what's real and what's not.

It makes sense.  I like "stop trying, just surrender".  Man usually try hard to fulfill their dreams, about their plans, their pleasures in life.  Others, trying very hard to have a communion with God, even up to the point of their life that they'll find themselves exhausted and tired.  It is because they KEEP ON TRYING.  There is a simple way to know Christ, to have a fulfilling life here on earth, although there is no excuse in experiencing suffering at times.  But the good news is, IF WE SURRENDER OUR LIFE TO CHRIST AND ACCEPT HIM AS OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR, He will provide everything that we need.  Just surrender our life and allow HIM to control our life!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Got my WishList

Fast Delivery!

What are the books of the Bible?