One Month of Experience

After typhoon Ondoy hit the Philippines, we are also included of those who were affected by that tragedy.  There was a terrible flood in area. It happened before way back 2000 or 2001; after several years of stillness, we didn’t imagine it will happen again. (Typhoon Ondoy was really a huge problem last year).

We are workaholics.  Time is gold for my mother who operates her own company.  My younger sister’s school schedule then was so tight; it’s her graduation year.  And I, as preschool teacher then, really needs to work harder to earn money.  The whole flood thing in the community really affects us.

For a couple of day, turned into weeks, I lived from different places to which I could freely move out from the flooded community and to have a normal life as a working one.  I lived in Guadalupe, Makati.  A family friend of ours, Papa Nonoy, who is a “stay-in” of a construction factory industry, offered his place so we could go through our normal life.  I stayed there for a week. My sister who lives in Mandaluyong also offered their place for me (which is a nearer to my work place).  I lived there quite longer.  My mother and sister were left in our flooded area community.

it was a good night stay


view from our room on 15th floor
But through God’s blessings to my mother, we were able to afford to live in a condominium in Mandaluyong, along EDSA.  Never did I imagine that I could stay or even sleep in that place! I thought it was a luxurious one to stay in that condominium, but then, I realized, I think it’s worth a try to experience how to live in a 5-digit monthly rental condominium.   We stayed there for a month.  It’s an experience I could never forget. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Got my WishList

Fast Delivery!

What are the books of the Bible?